Tuesday, June 19, 2018 | 1:00 - 2:00 pm ET
The Governance as Leadership Model offers a practical framework to govern nonprofit organizations effectively and leads to satisfaction in governing for both leadership volunteers and executive staff. In this webinar, explore three keys to Governance Success:
- Adopting effective and diverse recruitment philosophy, practices and resources;
- Techniques that lead to motivated engagement in a structured, mutually fulfilling governance/operations partnership;
- Dynamic, strategic board orientation processes that are supported through an on-going training program in governance practices that fit your organization.
During each of these components, explore generative questions that will guide you in developing and implementing strategies for Governance Success in your nonprofit organization.
By attending this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- Understand how to devise an effective and diverse recruitment philosophy for your organization and implement it with suitable resources and practice.
- Adopt a plan for motivated engagement of board members by defining the mutually fulfilling partnership between board members and executive staff.
- Plan a dynamic, strategic board orientation and on-going training process for board leadership.
Format: Live Webinar
Audience: Executive-level professionals, and those focused on strategy and vision
Duration: Approximately 1 hour, including time for Q&A
Member price: $90
Non-member price: $135
If you receive ICE emails, you already have an account. Click 'Login to view purchase options' to login or retrieve your password using the "Username and/or Password Help" link at the bottom of the page.
Note: Please make sure that email@example.com is recognized on your safe-sender list to receive the confirmation email containing the GoToWebinar access information.
Registration is not complete until payment is received. If you choose to pay by check, you will not receive a confirmation email containing the GoToWebinar access information until the check is processed.
Mary Jo Monahan is Chief Executive Officer of the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the nonprofit association of social work regulatory bodies in the United States, including the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands, and the 10 provinces in Canada. Before joining ASWB, Monahan held various executive offices, including vice president of operations at Matthews Benefit Group, Inc. (2010-2013); president and CEO of ICON Institute of Florida, LLC, a professional training center and consultation business (2009-2013); and president and CEO of Family Service Centers, Inc., a $5.4 million social service agency (2003-2009).
From 1991 to 1996 she served on the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling and was board chair in 1995 and 1996. She served on the national board of directors of NASW-National Association of Social Workers (1998-2001) and was president of its Florida chapter from 1998 to 1990. In 2012 she was adjunct professor in the University of South Florida’s school of social work for more than 22 years. She earned her MSW at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, ICE's Live Webinars may be applied for 1 credit toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.