Certificate Program for the "Credentialing Specialist"
ICE recognizes that certification has become a profession that requires its own unique competencies. The "Credentialing Specialist" Assessment-based Certificate Program was created to:
Registration for the certificate program will open July 3, 2017
Designed for Certification Professionals
The comprehensive curriculum is designed for the individual who wants to gain insights into the eco-system of certification from a program's conception, through its development and delivery, to maintenance and improvement.
- New to certification? This program provides a foundation of knowledge that can minimize the learning curve required of your new position. Recognition as a “credentialing specialist” will help you to build your resume and differentiate you among your peers.
- Currently working in certification? This program will not only reinforce the fundamentals of certification, but also will help you acquire new skills. By supplementing your specialized knowledge, you will broaden your understanding of the certification program.Recognition as a "credentialing specialist" may help in your growth and promotion to manager or director.
- Managing or directing a certification program? This program will not only reinforce the fundamentals of certification, but also will offer insights into maintaining and improving established programs or adding additional programs. By supplementing your current knowledge, you will be empowered to guide critical decisions about your program. Recognition as a "Credentialing Specialist" may also enhance the credibility of your knowledge-base and skill-set in the industry.
- Certification Consultant? This program will influence the strategies you use to conduct a proper needs analysis, realistically project a timeline for implementation, and develop a certification program. Recognition as a "credentialing specialist" may also enhance the credibility of your knowledge-base and skill-set in the industry.
The program was developed by leading industry experts using sound instructional design principles. Course topics include:
- Determining the need
- Accreditation standards
- Program operational management
- Policies and procedure
- Exam development
- Legal issues
Read the FAQs below and download the Certificate Program Participant Handbook to learn more.
Interactive, Online Format
Over a six-month period, program participants will work through 8 self-paced, online training courses. At the end of each course, participants will take an assessment to measure whether the lesson's learning objectives have been met.
Take a Sneak Peek
|Third, and Subsequent, Participants||$850||$1,050|
For those asking your employer to cover the cost of enrollment, ICE has created a customizable communication for you. If we can help communicate the value of your participation in additional ways, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Six-months' access to 8 self-paced, online training courses. Each course includes:
- interactive e-learning features that group together materials in logical frameworks that promote learning and increase retention
- links to external resources for further reading, including textbooks, websites, white papers, position papers, and research reports
- set of downloadable guided notes
- an end-of-module assessment to evaluate whether learning objectives have been met
- Unlimited online community access: ask questions, post resources, and collaborate with fellow participants
- Participation in real-time, facilitated discussions
- One electronic copy of Certification: The ICE Handbook 2nd Edition
There are two annual enrollment periods:
January 1 - January 31
July 1 - July 31
ICE staff will grant participants' access to the program within 2 business days of receipt of payment - at which point the six-month access period begins. Participants should make sure that email@example.com is recognized as a safe-sender so that their access instructions/notifications do not filter to spam folders.
Each course presentation is 45 minutes to 90 minutes in length; however, some participants report spending 2-3 hours per course if you complete the recommended activities or templates and take notes. Your progress will be saved as you work, so you may exit the course at any time to resume where you last stopped.
The Program curriculum is sequential, and you must pass the "knowledge check," or assessment, at the end of each course to continue to the next one. If you do not pass, you may re-access all course material to review and test again.
Participants who complete the course and pass all assessments within the six-month time frame will earn a certificate as a "Credentialing Specialist," and awarded a digital badge to document this achievement.
ICE is a CAE Approved Provider, and this Certificate Program is recognized as a self-study program. It may be applied for 8 self-study credits toward the application or renewal of the Certified Association Executive credential (CAE) through ASAE.
"As someone who has been as assessment professional for over 25 years, I feel that I learned a lot from this program. It helped fill gaps in my knowledge and understanding of the parts of certification programs that are outside my area of specialty." -Kathy Champagne, CAIA Association
"As a vendor serving the credentialing industry, this course was fundamental to understanding the sphere and network of people working in it. Thanks to ICE's work in offering this course, I feel more educated, empowered, and equipped to better serve the amazingly dedicated organizations and staff who work so hard to serve so many people seeking to better their lives." -Rob Wilkerson, BrightLink
"The Credentialing Specialist program provided an excellent breadth of information. As a new professional in the credentialing industry, there were many aspects to the profession that were unfamiliar. Now, I possess a broad knowledge of how to set up, operate, and improve a credentialing program. THANK YOU!" -Steven Garner, CA-NV Section, American Water Works Association