Thursday, April 12, 2018 | 1:00 - 2:00 pm ET
Hear a complete overview of standard setting methods that are used in various assessment settings. Learn the practical aspects of selecting and training a group of Subject Matter Experts, and how to communicate standard setting results to both the governing body as well as the candidates. The topics below will be covered, and receive a reading list for further study:
- The primary methods for standard setting used in various assessment setting
- The importance of stakeholder involvement
- The selecting of a standard setting subject matter experts (SME), the relationship between the SME panel and your organization's governing body, and the importance of training the SMEs at the start of standard setting
- How to communicate the importance of a cut score to the SMEs, and how to communicate your cut score to your candidates
At the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Have a general understanding of cut score methods, and the pros and cons of the methods most used in various assessment settings
- Understand the roles of the psychometrician and the test sponsor
- Understand when to revisit and/or reset cut scores
Format: Live Webinar
Audience: All levels of credentialing professionals
Duration: Approximately 1 hour, including time for Q&A
Member price: $90
Non-member price: $135
If you receive ICE emails, you already have an account. Click 'Login to view purchase options' to login or retrieve your password using the "Username and/or Password Help" link at the bottom of the page.
Note: Please make sure that firstname.lastname@example.org is recognized on your safe-sender list to receive the confirmation email containing the GoToWebinar access information.
Registration is not complete until payment is received. If you choose to pay by check, you will not receive a confirmation email containing the GoToWebinar access information until the check is processed.
Dr. Vansickle has a long career contributing to the science and practice of testing. His professional positions span I/O, Clinical/Personality and most noteworthy and recently Educational Testing. In addition his contributions extend to professional organizations serving to promote the professional use of testing and assessment. Most recently as the ATP Educational Division as president and ATP Board Member; he is well respected among ATP members. He is the recipient of the 2016 Career Achievement in Measurement Award from ATP.
Tim’s earned his B.A. in Psychology at the University of Minnesota (1985), M.S. and Ph.D. in Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University in 1986 and 1989 respectively. To best know him you have to know his service to his country as a U.S. Marine where he earned many individual and unit metals and. That experience made him a much focused researcher, professional and leader to his colleagues and employees in the field of testing.
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, ICE's Live Webinars may be applied for 1 credit toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.