Navigating Organizational Relationships: Exploring Opportunities and Landmines
On-demand webinar coming soon
Karen Plaus, Ph.D., CRNA, FAAN, CAE
Katherine Church, RDN
Attend this live webinar to learn about both the benefits and potential landmines when a certification organization has a relationship with another organization (membership, foundation, for-profit). Hear a case study from a credentialing organization, and learn strategies for creating and maintaining a successful partnership, as well as considerations for programs that have earned or are considering NCCA accreditation.
During this webinar, the presenters will:
- Provide a case example of a credentialing and membership organization’s journey through the redesign of their professions recertification program.
- Outline the steps required for a successful partnership.
- Present opportunities for collaboration between the certification and other organizations to advance the profession.
- Describe the strategies that can facilitate healing a strained relationship with another organization for the best interest of the profession.
- Discuss how the NCCA accreditation standards can be met in a partnership with another organization.
$90 Members | $135 Non-members
About the Presenters
Dr. Plaus is the CEO for the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) and has been actively involved in nurse anesthesia credentialing since 1984. She has served as a member and chair of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and on the American Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC). Dr. Plaus has lectured and published extensively on a variety of credentialing topics. Dr. Plaus was elected as a fellow of the American Academy of Nursing (AAN) in 2000.
|Katherine Church, RDN is the Executive Director for the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers, the credentialing agency for the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals. Having held this position for over 27 years, Katherine continues to ensure that the CDM, CFPP credential is on the forefront of best practices for foodservice management and food safety. In addition to overseeing all testing and certification activities related to the CDM credential, she has been an active participant in various professional organizations, including her current role as a Commissioner on the National Commission for Certifying Agencies. Katherine is a Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist and is a long-time member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.|