Hear a complete overview of standard setting methods that are used in various assessment settings. Learn the practical aspects of selecting and training a group of Subject Matter Experts, and how to communicate standard setting results to both the governing body as well as the candidates. The topics below will be covered, and receive a reading list for further study:
- The primary methods for standard setting used in various assessment setting
- The importance of stakeholder involvement
- The selecting of a standard setting subject matter experts (SME), the relationship between the SME panel and your organization's governing body, and the importance of training the SMEs at the start of standard setting
- How to communicate the importance of a cut score to the SMEs, and how to communicate your cut score to your candidates
At the end of the on-demand webinar, attendees will:
- Have a general understanding of cut score methods, and the pros and cons of the methods most used in various assessment settings
- Understand the roles of the psychometrician and the test sponsor
- Understand when to revisit and/or reset cut scores
Format: On-demand Webinar (c) 2018
Audience: All levels of credentialing professionals
Duration: Approximately 1 hour, including time for Q&A
Member price: $55
Non-member price: $75
If you receive ICE emails, you already have an account. Click 'Login to view purchase options' to login or retrieve your password using the "Username and/or Password Help" link at the bottom of the page.
It is important to ICE that you enjoy this offering. Please email ICE staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and identify any needs and accommodations requested.
*Note: This on-demand webinar is pre-recorded and available for unlimited viewings for a 30-calendar day period, beginning the date of purchase. You will be able to immediately access the recording, and access instructions will be provided in your automated purchase confirmation. If you choose to pay by check, access will not be granted until the check payment has been received and deposited.
Dr. Timothy Vansickle, Advanced Assessment Systems
Tim’s earned his B.A. in Psychology at the University of Minnesota (1985), M.S. and Ph.D. in Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University in 1986 and 1989 respectively. To best know him you have to know his service to his country as a U.S. Marine where he earned many individual and unit metals and. That experience made him a much focused researcher, professional and leader to his colleagues and employees in the field of testing.