Continuing Competence Framework Document
“This Process Framework provides a methodology to evaluate the role and importance of continuing competence within an organization's certification program based on these three parameters." - Utilizing a Process Framework to Build an Effective Continuing Competence Program for Certification © ICE 2015
In 2013, ICE had a unique opportunity to consider the future of credible, valuable, and meaningful continuing competence programs through its Continuing Competence Framework project. With the funding and support of our Research & Development (R&D) contributors and the hard work of the Continuing Competence Working Group, ICE is pleased to release this ongoing project as its latest member exclusive: Utilizing a Process Framework to Build an Effective Continuing Competence Program for Certification.
Whether you are looking to select, build, or revise your continuing competence program, ICE has gathered suggested assessment measures in this Process Framework document for organizations that wish to explore the relevance of their continuing competence programs to the credibility of their certification credential.
The intended next step is for ICE to build a toolkit with this framework document and other tools to assist organizations in thinking innovatively when building (or rebuilding) rigorous continuing competence programs.
ICE would like to thank all of the Continuing Competence Working Group members for their time, energy, and vision on this ongoing project. This product would not have been possible were it not for the generous contributions of the Research & Development (R&D) donors and the thoughtful participation of the Working Group members.
This product is an exclusive member benefit. Not an ICE member? Learn more.
Research & Development Reports
Our newest research release joins a long line-up of Research & Development committee reports:
- 2015 Business of Certification Report
- 2015 Certification Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey Report
- 2015 Digital Badge Report
- 2015 Remote Proctoring Test Delivery: A Report on Options and Considerations
- 2014 Methods for Ensuring Continuing Competence, Part 1 & Part 2
- 2014 Eligibility Requirements Report
- 2014 Certification Management Practices Survey Report
- 2013 Methods for Ensuring Continuing Competence, Part 1
- 2012 Value of Certification Toolkit
- 2011 What the CFO Wants to Know
- 2011 Benchmarking Best Practices
- 2011 Ethics Survey to Certification Boards
- 2010 Guidelines for Performance Examinations
- 2009 Certification Industry Operating Ratios & Benchmarking Statistics