2020 Governance Workshop
Serving the Unique Needs of a Certification Governance Board
Date and Location
Monday, February 24
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
2025 M Street, NW
Designed for Credentialing Organization Staff and Their Boards
- CEOs and Executive Directors
- First-time and/or seasoned governing board members
This workshop addresses the unique issues faced by certification governance boards and is designed as an opportunity for the CEO and Board Chair to strengthen their partnership by participating in a dynamic learning environment.
Employing interactive discussion and opportunities for reflection, the facilitator will focus on these critical areas:
- The Governance Promises: Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members
- Developing strong partnerships in association governance between the CEO/Executive Director and the Board Chair, and the CEO/Executive Director and the Board
- Developing strong boards for effective decision making
- Growing programs and services while remaining accredited
- Strategic Planning that works
- Current environment/issues facing certification boards and association leaders
Continuing Education Credit
ICE is a CAE Approved Provider. The program below may be applied for seven (7) credits toward the application or renewal of the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential through ASAE. For more information about the CAE credential or Approved Provider program, please visit www.whatiscae.org. Note: These programs are not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program.
Single Registrant: $450 ICE Members | $515 Non-members
Double Registrant Bundle: $810 ICE Members | $945 Non-members
How to Register
Please note: this workshop is reserved for CEOs and Executive Directors of credentialing organizations and their Board members. If you are interested in attending contact ICE.
Registration deadline: Monday, February 17
Cancellation Policy: ICE must receive all cancellation and refund requests in writing by Monday, February 17, 2020. Please email cancellation requests to email@example.com. Substitutions are accepted. All sales are final after Monday, February 17, 2020.
Denise Fandel, MBA, CAE
Denise is a recognized leader in the certification industry having served as chair of both the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) board as well as National Commission for Certifying agencies, the accreditation arm of ICE. Denise is the founding executive of the Board of Certification’s national headquarters. Under her leadership of 21 years, the organization has grown, developed and gained the respect of the entire athletic training community.