Tuesday, May 12 through Thursday, May 14 2020
Tuesday May 12: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm ET
Wednesday, May 13 and Thursday, May 14: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm ET
Remote Attendance on all 3 Days
Monday, May 11, 3:30 - 4:00 pm ET - Optional Meeting to Review Remote Attendance
ICE Member Rate $450.00│ Non-member Rate: $515.00
Registration has closed. If you are still interested in attending, please contact ICE staff at email@example.com
Interested in attending the NCCA Accreditation Overview Workshop as well? Contact ICE at firstname.lastname@example.org for a multi-workshop discount.
The idea of creating a professional credentialing exam can strike fear into the heart of many industry professionals. And yet, a solid understanding of this process is essential to establish credibility for the certification or credential. That way qualified professionals can advance in their careers and serve the public competently and safely.
To help credentialing organizations and leaders learn these essential principles, we are pleased to provide this virtual workshop on the fundamentals of psychometrics and the assessment life cycle. This interactive workshop will provide the opportunity to participate in a practical learning session with experienced Psychometricians.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a greater understanding of test development and psychometrics, and how these apply to NCCA Standards.
Goal of the Workshop
To help participants understand the process of developing reliable credentialing exams.
- Understand the purpose of each stage of the Assessment Life Cycle
- State in their own words the required components and the end product of each stage in the assessment life cycle.
- Have a basic discussion about the design of each stage in the assessment life cycle with your organization’s psychometric consultant.
- Have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of test assembly, both automated and manual processes.
- Understand the standards and guidelines fundamental to high stakes exam administration.
- Interpret Classical Test Theory items and test analysis.
- Understand common standards and setting techniques, such as the Angoff method.
- Explore options and relevance of the use of virtual or online methods for exam development activities, meetings, and exam delivery, while protecting the integrity of the exam development and delivery process.
This workshop will be most helpful for:
- Certification directors, managers and specialists
- Executives who are new to the field of credentialing
- Marketing professionals who want to understand the underlying foundation of their program(s)
- Those who are responsible for accreditation within their organization
- Any credentialing professional who wants to better understand the assessment life cycle
Isabelle Gonthier, PhD – President
Prior to joining Yardstick Assessment Strategies (YAS) as President & COO, Dr. Isabelle Gonthier worked with Assessment Strategies Inc. as a testing and psychometric consultant, at Human Resource Systems Group (HRSG) as Director of Professional Services, and more recently at Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC) & CFP Board (Toronto/Ottawa/ Washington DC), as Vice President of Certifications and Director of Examinations, respectively.
She is a firebrand for professional assessment and the highest standards in exam development, administration and innovation. She continues to serve her industry in many capacities through her involvement with various testing and credentialing associations and organizations and is highly regarded as a stern defender of psychometric best practices, exam validity and defensibility, as well as a well accomplished executive. Dr. Gonthier earned her Doctorate in Experimental Psychology at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Gonthier served for a number of years in a volunteer capacity as the Chair and Psychometric Commissioner of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) as well as an advisor on the Certification Advisory Committee for the Canadian Network for Respiratory Care and on the Research Advisory Council of the National Dental Examining Board (NDEB). She is currently the Vice-Chair of the Program for the Association of Testing Publisher (ATP) Innovation Conference..
Chris Beauchamp, PhD – Vice President of Psychometrics
Dr. Chris Beauchamp has over 15 years of experience in applied psychometrics in the Canadian credentialing field. He has extensive experience in high-stakes examination development and administration, examination security and statistical analysis for a full range of organizations, large and small, including licensure, certification, not-for profit, government and sector council credentialing bodies. His experience also includes job analysis (for assessment and on-assessment purposes), test specifications design, examination policies and procedures, curriculum review/mapping, strategic planning and computer-based testing transition. He has additional expertise in item response theory (IRT), data forensics and statistical equating. He has presented at national and international conferences on a number of topics including innovative assessment models, test adaptation (translation) and examination fairness.
As a Vice President at Yardstick Assessment Strategies, Chris will work with clients and the team in a collaborative manner in order to help clients meet and exceed their organizational goals and strategic directions as they relate to assessment and credentialing.
For questions about the workshop, contact email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: ICE must receive all cancellation and refund requests in writing by Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Please email cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitutions are accepted. All sales are final after Wednesday, May 6, 2020.