Presented in Partnership
The next workshop will be hosted in May, 2023
Single User: $395.00 I.C.E. Member Rate│ $475 Non-member Rate
I.C.E. offers discounts for multiple attendees from the same organization, as well as a discount if you are interested in also attending the NCCA Accreditation Overview Workshop. Contact I.C.E. at email@example.com for a discount.
About the Workshop
The idea of creating a professional credentialing exam can strike fear into the heart of many industry professionals. And yet, a solid understanding of this process is essential to establish credibility for the certification or credential. That way qualified professionals can advance in their careers and serve the public competently and safely. To help credentialing organizations and leaders learn these essential principles, we are pleased to provide this virtual workshop on the fundamentals of psychometrics and the assessment life cycle. This interactive workshop will provide the opportunity to participate in a practical learning session with experienced Psychometricians. At the end of the workshop, participants will have a greater understanding of test development and psychometrics, and how these apply to NCCA Standards.
Goal: To help participants understand the process of developing reliable credentialing exams.
- Understand the purpose of each stage of the Assessment Life Cycle
- State in their own words the required components and the end product of each stage in the assessment life cycle.
- Have a basic discussion about the design of each stage in the assessment life cycle with your organization’s psychometric consultant.
- Have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of test assembly, both automated and manual processes.
- Understand the standards and guidelines fundamental to high stakes exam administration.
- Interpret Classical Test Theory items and test analysis.
- Understand common standards and setting techniques, such as the Angoff method.
- Explore options and relevance of the use of virtual or online methods for exam development activities, meetings, and exam delivery, while protecting the integrity of the exam development and delivery process.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be most helpful for:
- Certification directors, managers and specialists
- Executives who are new to the field of credentialing
- Marketing professionals who want to understand the underlying foundation of their program(s)
- Those who are responsible for accreditation within their organization
- Any credentialing professional who wants to better understand the assessment life cycle
Chris Beauchamp, PhD – Vice President of Psychometrics
Dr. Chris Beauchamp has over 15 years of experience in applied psychometrics in the Canadian credentialing field. He has extensive experience in high-stakes examination development and administration, examination security and statistical analysis for a full range of organizations, large and small, including licensure, certification, not-for profit, government and sector council credentialing bodies. His experience also includes job analysis (for assessment and on-assessment purposes), test specifications design, examination policies and procedures, curriculum review/mapping, strategic planning and computer-based testing transition. He has additional expertise in item response theory (IRT), data forensics and statistical equating. He has presented at national and international conferences on a number of topics including innovative assessment models, test adaptation (translation) and examination fairness.
As a Vice President at Meazure Learning, Chris will work with clients and the team in a collaborative manner in order to help clients meet and exceed their organizational goals and strategic directions as they relate to assessment and credentialing.
Schedule of Activities
12:00 to 12:10 - Welcome and Introductions
12:10 to 12:35 Automatic Item Generation
12:35 to 1:00 Forensice Data Analysis
1:00 to 1:10 Break
1:10 to 1:40 Item response theory
1:40 to 2:10 Scaled Scores
2:10 to 2:20 Break
2:20 to 2:50 Equating
2:50 to 3:00 Wrap up and questions
The Psychometrics and Test Development Workshop qualifies for 8 hours of recertification credit for the ICE-CCP.
As a CAE Approved Provider, educational programs related to the CAE exam content outline and be applied toward renewal toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements. I.C.E. Psychometrics and Test Development workshop may be applied for 8 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Questions and Cancellation Policy
Questions about the workshop can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy: I.C.E. must receive all cancellation and refund requests in writing two weeks prior to the live event. Please email cancellation requests to email@example.com