Volunteers play a critical role in I.C.E.’s mission of advancing credentialing. Thank you to all our volunteer leaders: the Board of Directors, NCCA Commission, ACAP Council, ASC Council and all of our Committee Members.
Volunteer with I.C.E.
Volunteering with I.C.E. is available to I.C.E. Members, and provides greater value to member experience, increases industry expertise, and nurtures deeper connections with industry peers. The volunteer recruitment process begins every October.
Find the volunteer opportunity that makes the most sense for your interests, expertise, and availability. Below are each of our volunteer committees & task forces including charges.
Credentialing Insights Editorial Committee
- Identify relevant topics, authors and interviewees to be published on Credentialing Insights, I.C.E.'s online journal.
- Assist with author recruitment and review of monthly online content.
- Write articles for those committee members interested in this opportunity.
The Editorial Advisory and Publication Committee are combining forces for their ongoing, monthly calls for the purpose of identifying topics and authors but will continue to have separate deliverables.
- Develop content and solicit speakers for I.C.E. Academy offerings for 12-14 live webinars for a variety of audience levels
- Serve as moderators for live webinars
- Advise on content and identify authors for online education content for a variety of audience levels
- Research and recommend new education opportunities to I.C.E. management
- Introduce speakers and monitor break-out sessions at I.C.E. Exchange as needed
External Stakeholder Resource Development Working Group
- Determine consumers' needs (information, research, resources) in making informed decisions on certification.
- Assist in the planning, drafting, and/or implementation of consumer resources that credentialing organizations might need to articulate value of certifications to stakeholders.
- Discuss ways that social media and digital badging might assist in the communication about value to stakeholders.
Government Affairs Committee
- Provide updates on federal and state legislative matters affecting the credentialing community.
I.C.E. Exchange Conference Program Committee
- Determine desired topic areas for I.C.E. Exchange
- Solicit, review, and select proposals for I.C.E. Exchange
- Determine possible speakers, including keynotes for the I.C.E. Exchange
- Prepare and host a first-time attendee event for the I.C.E. Exchange
- Attend the I.C.E. Exchange: Introduce speakers and monitor break-out sessions
I.C.E. Exchange conference registration is waived for Program Committee members during their two years of service on this committee.
International Credentialing Task Force
- Determine needs of the credentialing community around international expansion
- Develop tools for the members to enhance knowledge around entry into international markets.
Membership Outreach Committee
- Welcome new members to I.C.E. and spread awareness of I.C.E. membership benefits.
- Call non-renewing members to monitor and report reasons why past members fail to renew.
Public Member Resource Development Working Group
- To offer public members an opportunity to network and collaborate on needed resources to support their role in credentialing organizations.
- Review current publications for relevancy and timeliness.
- Survey the members on potential topics when needed.
- Solicit and review white paper proposals, and select proposals to publish.
- Review and edit white papers in peer review panels.
- Promote completed white papers.
- Recommend publications to I.C.E. Management for development.
The Publication and Editorial Advisory Committee are combining forces for their ongoing, monthly calls for the purpose of identifying topics and authors but will continue to have separate deliverables.
Research and Development Committee
- Conduct benchmarking surveys and publish research products on selected topics.
- Maintain I.C.E. Online Resource Library
- Analyze industry trends and conduct literature reviews.
Research and Development Fundraising Committee
- Raise funds for the annual Research & Development Program for I.C.E.