Certificate Program for the Credentialing Specialist
ICE recognizes certification has become a profession that requires its own unique competencies. The assessment-based Certificate Program for the Credentialing Specialist was created to:
Registration is Now Open!
Register between now and January 31st to access the course.
Designed for Certification Professionals
The comprehensive curriculum is designed for the individual who wants to gain insights into the eco-system of certification from a program's conception, through its development and delivery, to maintenance and improvement.
- New to certification? This program provides a foundation of knowledge that can minimize the learning curve required
ofyour new position. Recognition as a Credentialing Specialist will help you to build your resume and differentiate you among your peers.
- Currently working in certification? This program will not only reinforce the fundamentals of
certification,but also will help you acquire new skills. By supplementing your specialized knowledge, you will broaden your understanding of the certification program . Recognitionas a Credentialing Specialist may help in your growth and promotion to manager or director.
- Managing or directing a certification program? This program will not only reinforce the fundamentals of
certification,but also will offer insights into maintaining and improving established programs or adding additional programs. By supplementing your current knowledge, you will be empowered to guide critical decisions about your program. Recognition as a Credentialing Specialist may also enhance the credibility of your knowledge-base and skill-set in the industry.
- Certification Consultant? This program will influence the strategies you use to conduct a proper needs analysis, realistically project a timeline for implementation, and develop a certification program. Recognition as a Credentialing Specialist may also enhance the credibility of your knowledge-base and skill-set in the industry.
The program was developed by leading industry experts using sound instructional design principles. Course topics include:
- Determining the need
- Accreditation standards
- Program operational management
- Policies and procedure
- Exam development
- Legal issues
Read the FAQs below and download the Certificate Program Participant Handbook to learn more.
Interactive, Online Format
Over a six-month period, program participants will work through 8 self-paced, online training modules. At the end of each module, participants will take an assessment to measure whether the lesson's learning objectives have been met.
Take a Sneak Peek
|Third, and Subsequent, Participants||$850||$1,050|
For those asking your employer to cover the cost of enrollment, ICE has created a customizable communication for you. If we can help communicate the value of your participation in additional ways, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- Six-month access to 8 self-paced, online training modules. Each module includes:
- Interactive e-learning features that group together materials in logical frameworks that promote learning and increase retention
- Links to external resources for further reading, including textbooks, websites, white papers, position papers, and research reports
- Set of downloadable guided notes
- An end-of-module assessment to evaluate whether learning objectives have been met
- Access to the online community to access and revew resources, and ask questions of fellow course participants
- One electronic copy of Certification: The ICE Handbook 3rd Edition
There are two annual enrollment periods:
January 1 - January 31
July 1 - July 31
ICE staff will grant participants' access to the program at the end of the enrollment period (last week of July)- at which point the six-month access period begins. Participants should make sure that firstname.lastname@example.org is recognized as a safe-sender so that their access instructions/notifications do not filter to spam folders.
Each module presentation is 45 minutes to 90 minutes in length; however, some participants report spending 2-3 hours per
The Program curriculum is sequential, and you must pass the "knowledge check," or assessment, at the end of each module to continue to the next one. If you do not pass, you may re-access all course material to review and test again.
Participants who complete the course and pass all assessments within the six-month time frame will earn a certificate as a Credentialing Specialist, and will be awarded a digital badge to document this achievement.
ICE is a CAE Approved Provider, and this Certificate Program is recognized as a self-study program. It may be applied for 8 self-study credits toward the application or renewal of the Certified Association Executive credential (CAE) through ASAE.